We count ourselves lucky to teach in a school district that values literacy as highly as Dublin City Schools does. The last Saturday in February every year is a chance for us to recharge and reconnect as literacy teachers and leaders.
The Passionately Educating bloggers have a variety of roles in this year’s conference and we thought we would share!
2019 Dublin Literacy Conference Chairman: Jennifer Wolf
2019 Dublin Literacy Conference Committee Members: Rita Shaffer and Rachel Polacek
- Lindsey Brauzer: Creating Connections during Reading Conferences
- Rachel Polacek: Exploring Identity: Informing Instruction with Sara K Ahmed’s Being the Change
- Melissa Voss: Reading and Writing Workshop (Revised)
- Kara Belden: IGNITE Student Voice in You Secondary Classroom
- Rita Shaffer: IGNITE Student Voice in You Secondary Classroom
- Beth Honeycutt: IGNITE Student Voice in You Secondary Classroom
We are excited about this day learning and especially looking forward to the keynotes from Pam Allyn and Jason Reynolds.
If you are visiting the Lit Conference this year, we’d love to meet you and say “hello”! And each of us will be sharing our learning on February 23rd using the hashtag #dublit19.
More information about the conference can be found here and registration is still open.